Fallen Angels - Experimental Film Task


Back to the Start 



Evaluation:

What Went Well?

The final outcome I felt turned out well considering the struggle for ideas at the very beginning of the task. Originally my group were going to use Tyler's predicted text message of using technology as a focus point. We all had our minds set on carrying out that idea but I though of Wong Kar-Wai and how he focuses on the concept of time; I though that the time theme would be easy to identify. 

While editing, I used a filter over all my footage, which enhanced the colours to attempt to show the bold visuals similarly to Wong Kar-Wai's auteur style. I also used a song in reverse to compliment and reflect clearly to the theme of the film. 

Within the narrative of "Back to the Start" I wanted to show a day from two people who; showing a rural and urban environment. I managed to successfully achieve this by using the time lapse video clips from two surroundings and using the shot reverse shot technique to show two different events happening at the same time. 

What I could you improve?

As of the struggle for ideas for the film, I wish I had took it on myself to develop my ideas further by creating a mood board on Pinterest or just researched more to understand common concepts and techniques to create a successful experimental film.  

Finding the audio to my footage; I didn't do what I had in mind. I ended up using a song I already had downloaded but just put an effect to make it reverse. I wanted to use a Youtube converter to mp3 but every single website I went on didn't work.

Within the lesson on Thursday, me and my group were having serious issues with the cameras as the battery in one camera died, mid filming footage in college. From that point, all the DSLR cameras had been booked out and we didn't have an accessible camera we could film on. This pushed us all back and I ended up filming the final piece, with help form my girlfriend, at the weekend in my own time. All the footage we had filmed, we couldn't use and I then changed the theme to time just for the ease to create a piece of work on it.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wong Kar-Wai

Sunrise - Silent Film Task